Sunday, November 15, 2015

1:12 Scale Masters: Noel and Pat Thomas

I'm a big fan of Noel and Pat Thomas. From the early 1970s, I followed their work with great admiration and was delighted to learn they were as personable as their rooms and houses are realistic. Noel and I once had a lengthy discussion at a NAME houseparty on the importance of aging the miniatures (something I had been reluctant to do with my Egyptian room), but his arguments stuck with me.

Pat has a blog which is definitely worth checking out. She kindly has allowed me to show some of their work described on the blog.

Check out these examples of their fantastic work:


The Davis Miniature Theater, 1995-2000
Noel and Pat Thomas
The Breeze, 1997
The Italian Ruin, with chair by Catherine Soubzmaigne
This is aging at its finest.

Pippen Hill

Be sure and join Pat's blog and get a really in-depth analysis of their work. And tell them I said hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment