Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Little Houses by Nell Corkin

Nell Corkin

One of the artists I collected when I had my business and did miniature shows was Nell Corkin. Her 1/144 scale dollhouses were fascinating.


The first dollhouse of Nell's that I bought was a three story one furnished by her. (She asked if I wanted to do it, but I really wanted the completed house by her.) The figures were dressed by Ferbie. She also made the standing Father Christmas. I made the cats.


The second 1/144 house I bought from Nell was a house in progress, complete with 1:12 scale tools. The two Cecil Boyd figures give an idea of scale.



My third 1/144 scale house was a walnut fantasy elf house complete with landscaping and interior furnishings. Again, giving an idea of scale is porcelain Santa beside a Z figure dressed in painted tissue paper which I made.



No comments:

Post a Comment